Sunday, May 1, 2016

ASMR for anxiety

Hello babes!
Today I want to talk about something I recently found while browsing the internet!
Have you ever heard about ASMR?
Well I'm currently addicted to it.
If you have anxiety, do give it a try.
Lately I been having extreme cases of anxiety.
I have been feeling horrible.
Nausea, upset stomach, chills
you name it.

I usually just listen to music to try to quiet down 
my thoughts and just relax.
I came across these, "ASMR" videos
because I accidentally tapped on one while listening to music.
I found it extremely relaxing!

At first I was extremely confused.
What is ASMR?
Well let's borrow the definition from Wikipedia,
"Autonomous sensory meridian response"
"is a euphoric experience characterized by a static-like or tingling sensation on the skin that typically begins on the scalp and moves down the back of the neck and upper spine, precipitating relaxation."

So basically there are triggering sounds that give you a tingling sensation!
And heck does it work.
It also relaxes me and helps me go to sleep.
Have you ever experienced an ASMR video?

Some videos can be....kinda weird?
Specially the roleplaying ones.

However the sounds are wonderful, and some ASMR artist's have very nice soothing voices.

Here I have some of my personal favorite ASMR youtubers,

She's extremely dedicated to her viewers. I quite enjoy all of her videos. Her personality is so cheery which I really like. Her videos always relaxes me.

She has some of the most soothing voice, and i really like how everything in her videos is soothing.


A very young girl, with the sweetest voice and great tappings!
I love watching her videos, her voice is so sweet and soothing.

My experience so far with ASMR having anxiety, is extremely helpful. I can't explain it much
but it's just so relaxing. It also helps me sleep. I recommend it to anyone who has anxiety and sleep problems. It helped me get through so I hope it does the same for you.

If you gave it a try or already knew,
what do you think about it?



No comments:

Post a Comment